Thursday, April 30, 2015

We are... because of God

Yesterday morning, Wee One and I walked into school with one of her friends.  The friend immediately shared, "You know what I have been thinking about? Where I come from.  I know I came from my mom, and her mom came from her mother, and her mother came from her mother but where did it all start? Why am I here? This is what keeps me up at night." 

The kid is 5.

Wee One did not comment but took my hand as we peeled away to enter the classroom.  While the friend was busy putting her belongings into a cubby, I asked her how she would have answered the friend's question.  She proudly replied, "From God!"  I was beaming but at the same time, I was a tad unsettled.  In this highly competitive academic environment, parents are always comparing their children and looking for ways to gain the edge.  While I try to stay distant from such behavior, it is easy to get sucked in and worry my own children will somehow be behind.  To my knowledge, my daughter does not ponder such big questions. 

I shared this event with my husband later that evening.  His response was filled with wisdom and eased my mind.  "Maybe the reason she doesn't worry about such things is because she already knows.  She is confident in knowing where she came from and why she is here."

Thank you, God, for blessing our family! My most enduring prayer has been that my children would know the Lord and would confess Him before others.  Thank you, Jason for helping me see we are on the right track. 

Are you looking for a way to find this confidence?  Do you wish to impart it in your own family?  With faith and obedience in Christ Jesus comes peace, true happiness and freedom.  Connect with other Christians. Look for a Church in your area.  Attend Bible class. Study God's Word.  Do not be lured into thinking the ways of this world, or the things it contains, are to be sought after. 

A more meaningful life exists!


No comments: