Here is the process!
4 ounces blue cheese
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
Fresh ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a food processor, add flour, cheese, butter and a few grinds of black pepper. I added 8 grinds but you could certainly add more, or less. Pulse until the ingredients begin to come together as a ball.
2. Dump the contents onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough just until it comes together. The little flecks of blue cheese and pepper look lovely and the dough has a wonderfully fragrant bouquet. Mmm... I told you, I love stinky cheese!!
3. Lightly flour a rolling pin and roll dough out to about 1/8' thick. Using a 1" cutter, cut out dough and transfer to a baking stone or a baking sheet lined with parchment. I used a heart cutter to coincide with Valentine's Day this week. Aww....
4. Using your knuckle or a rounded teaspoon, place a small indentation into each dough shape. Add 1/4 teaspoon of preserves to each indentation.
5. Bake the savouries 10 - 14 minutes. More time is needed if a baking stone is used (about 18 minutes). Preserves will be bubbly and the savouries will be a light golden brown.
6. Allow to cool on the baking surface for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Serve! If there are leftovers, store in an air tight container. Separate layers by waxed paper.
Be careful with these little bites.
They are absolutely delicious and wonderfully addicting!
Retrieved from the Downton Abbey Facebook page.
See! Even Mr. Carson understands.