What to do... what to do?!!
While rummaging through my craft box, I found sheets of felt, ribbon, and embroidery floss. Valentine Necklaces were born!
Here is what I did...
1. Gather the necessary supplies.
- Sheets of felt in red, pink, dark pink and white... Your choice!
- Embroidery floss in contrasting colors
- Thin ribbon in colors which match the floss
- Polyester fiberfill, batting or cotton balls
- Embroidery needle
3. Using the pattern, cut two hearts from the felt.
4. Place one heart on top of the other and begin to stitch the two together with the embroidery floss, starting at the bottom point. Make sure the initial stitch begins between the hearts and moves to the outside so the "tail knot" is hidden. Continue toward the top of one side of the heart.
5. Cut a length of ribbon which can easily slip over the intended wearer's head and tie it into a knot. Place the knotted end of the ribbon into the pocket of the heart and splay out the loop so each side of the loop can be stitched into one of the two sides of the heart. Continue hand stitching the heart until a small hole is left. Fill the pocket of the heart with a bit of the filling to create a puffy heart.
6. Finish stitching the heart to close it. Be certain the final stitch is tied off between the heart to hide it.
7. Package in a cellophane bag and tie with a ribbon or staple closed with a personalized Valentine.
Happy Valentine's Day!